Termites are especially prevalent in San Diego and Southern California. It’s just one of those inconvenient facts of life that if you own a home, you will probably experience a termite infestation at some point.
You should request a Free termite inspection of your home if:
- You notice wood damage or other evidence of an infestation
- You are selling your home or are already in escrow
- You want to prevent termite damage with regular inspections
Why Request a Termite Inspection?
Even if you strongly suspect that you have a colony of unwanted houseguests chewing on your home, you can’t just throw a tent over your home and fumigate. A proper termite inspection is still necessary to:
- Locate the infestation
- Determine if you have multiple infestations (Yes, it happens)
- Identify the type of termites
- Develop a recommended treatment option
Southern California is home to two very different types of termites: drywood termites and subterranean termites. Each must be treated with a different type of extermination process. The size of the colony will also affect whether larger or smaller interventions are necessary.