San Diego Termite Fumigation
Termite Fumigation is a process performed to completely eradicate drywood termites backed by our two year warranty. Best Rate is a small business which thrives on customer satisfaction and have a 50% referral rate which we are extremely proud of. We will only provide estimates on services that you truly need and want, saving you money while making your home structurally sound and termite free. Just give us 1% of your trust and we guarantee that we will earn the other 99%.
Providing Excellent Service Since 2002
Over 1000 satisfied customers in the San Diego area and 600+ positive reviews
Request a Free Estimate Today!
San Diego Termite Fumigation Experts
Insects that feed or tunnel into wood can seriously damage houses, apartments, and other dwellings or structures. Each year termites cause more than 5 million dollars in damage to structures. Depending on the extent or location of the infestation, fumigation is the only way to completely eradicate all drywood termites in a structure. If you have termites in an area that is not accessible, a localized treatment will not eradicate the termites in those inaccessible areas which is why a fumigation would be recommended.
A+ Rating on the BBB!
4.5 Stars on Yelp!
600+ Reviews on Angie's List!
Here in San Diego, there are two types of termites that can damage your home – drywood termites and subterranean termites. Each type is different and must be treated separate and in different ways. For example, drywood termites live in the wooden structure of your home and are controlled by localized treatments or fumigation. Subterranean termites live in the soil below your home and are controlled by a treatment to the soil such as a trench and treat or a drill and treat. A professional termite inspector can help you determine whether or not you have a termite problem and, if so, what kind of termite infestation you have and what type of treatment is needed to get rid of them.
What Happens During a Fumigation?
Fumigation is one of the only ways to completely eradicate Drywood termites. This is performed by placing a tent over the structure and a true gas being released into the home. All pets and people must vacate the home for a minimum of two nights and three days.
Fumigation – SDG&E
Prior to the start of your fumigation, by law SDG&E must come out and cap your gas. The company will schedule this to be completed for you. However, it is the homeowner’s responsibility to have the gas restored the day after your fumigation is completed. There will be a re-entry notice posted on your front door by the fumigators. You will need to keep this notice to show to your SDG&E service technician to restore your gas.
Fumigation Process Time Lapse
This video demonstrates how a fumigation crew puts a tent on a home for the fumigation process. Once the tent is on and the gas is released, the property will be cleared for re-entry normally on the third day. The tent will be removed and a re-entry notice will be placed on the front door.
$50 Termite Coupon
Print this coupon and provide it to your inspector at time of inspection for $50.00 off any Termite Service.
San Diego Termite Fumigation is a form of eradication using the often seen tenting process. Insects that feed or tunnel into wood can seriously damage houses, apartments, and other dwellings or structures. Each year termites or other wood destroying insects damage more than 5 million homes. Other pests may be dispersed throughout rooms and can be difficult to locate and control quickly and completely. Depending on the extent or location of the infestation, fumigation is the only total control method proven to eliminate certain infestations of wood destroying insects, bed bugs, and other structure infesting pests.
There are two types of termites that can damage your home – drywood termites and subterranean termites. Each type is different and must be treated separately. A professional termite inspector can help you determine whether or not you have a termite problem and, if so, what kind of termite infestation you have. When it comes to termites, you tent your home to erradicate drywood termites. Subterrnanean termites live in the soil below the home. However if there are subterrnanean termites present in the actual structure the fumigation will erradicate them, as for the subterranean termites still down in the soil, it would take a completely different treatment to control and erradicate them.